Tuesday, November 5, 2013

~There's Always One~


There was a saying that I heard several years ago while watching a movie and it resonated with me more than the movie itself did.  I believe it was one of the most powerful statements I have ever heard in my life.  I make sure to tell those in my life this very thing all of the time.  It holds the truth - now and always - and I only hope I can continue on this path.

So what was that saying?  "Why try to fit in when you are born to stand out?"  Yep, those very few words have had such an impact on my life.  While it can be so terribly easy to follow in the footsteps of those who have gone before you literally tracing every step, metaphorically speaking, and emulating what they have done, remember that it was their path that led them to where they went.  Now, there is nothing wrong with this, this is how we grow, how we learn, how we become who we not only want to be, but who we are MEANT to be.  But there comes a time when you have to step out of the crowd, take that one fear-filled moment, and just let yourself be YOU.  Forge your own path and show the world how YOU shine.  Remember, there is only one you and you are meant for so many great things.

**Photography Tip: To get eggs to stand straight up, just put a little salt under them.  Science is awesome!